Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pay Your Money & Take Your Chances


Yesterday I mailed my entry materials to the National Midyear Show at The Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio. You can enter 3 pieces for $40 bucks, so, because that isn't too rich for my blood, I sent them my CD with 3 images of paintings I had done since January 1, 2010. Like everyone that enters a juried show, I would like very much to have at least one of my pieces accepted. But, as the expression goes, "you pay your money and you take your chances." Will the judge(s) be able to recognize a Great American Artist when they see my work? We shall see. As someone that works in the genre of political satire, I realize that my "take" on events that wind up on my "canvas" may not be compatible with the views of the judge(s). But, that is the chance I have to take. By and by, I will find out, and when I do, I will let you know regardless of the outcome. So, wish me luck.

No comments: